Monday, March 21, 2011

Ms. Lauryn Hill, Charlie Wilson, and Musiq Soulchild Perform At Jazz in the Gardens

Another Jazz in the Gardens has come and gone (March 19th and 20th) and this year's performances definitely get my stamp of approval Here's a quick recap and yes...it's just the artists I wanted to see. Sorry.

First up on my recap, Ms. Lauryn Hill. Before i go on, when did Lauryn Hill start going by Ms. Lauryn Hill, did I miss the memo? Anyhow, I heard mixed reviews about her get-up (see pic below) and her tardiness but we all know that she's been on her "artistic don't care craziness" for a couple years now.



I think her look is....interesting. It looks like bag lady meets artist. Some say the look was too "all over the place" but I actually like everything about it, even the fact she is wearing a flat brimmed Yankees hat, layers of shirts and hot red leather jacket with a black puffy ball gown. I know she had to be roasting in those layers of clothing considering she performed in Miami under hot stage lights. To each his own, it works for her.

Here's a snippet of her performance. 


Charlie Wilson did his thing as well. At 58 who knew he had it in him? He came out stepping in his black and purple glittery ensemble and tore the stage down! I hope I can do all that at his age.


I'm so mad I didn't get to catch the self proclaimed "King of R&B"Bobby Brown hogging the stage along with his dry humping shenanigans but I heard it was pure comedy. Here is Heads of State (Bobby Brown, Johnny Gil and Ralph Tresvant) performing "Every Little Step."






Musiq Soulchild also hit the stage and blessed the crowd with his soulful voice. He was on for awhile, but I wish his set was longer. Here he is singing "Buddy."





The celebs weren't the only ones performing. Check out these folks bustin a few old school dances during an interlude and during Charlie Wilson's performance.  Dude in the yellow is killin it! Lol.


                                                                








No comments:

Post a Comment