Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Kim Kardashian Promotes Her Latest Fragrance "Gold" at Macy's in Aventura Mall



Kim Kardashian stopped by Macy's in Aventura this past weekend to promote her latest perfume "Gold." Needless to say, the second level of Macy's store packed to capacity with screaming fans eager to get an autograph, a picture, or simply catch a glimpse of the television reality princess herself.   


Those who purchased a Kim Kardashian fragrance package of $130 between the dates of May 1st and 14th were able to receive a complimentary photograph with her. Seems kinda pricey for a picture? Yeah I thought so too, however her fans had no problem...the line seemed to be never-ending. Even the crowd of on-lookers was nearly impossible to navigate through.




Not even having a bulky baby carriage stopped this mother from getting a picture of Kim Kardashian. 


 She took to her blog after her appearance and said this: 
"Thank you so much to everyone who showed up at my Gold fragrance launch at Macy’s in Miami on Saturday!! So many people turned up!!! I swear, Miami fans are on another level. I love you guys!


I don't think even Kim expected that type of reaction from the crowd. To say it was bananas would be an understatement. 

Kim showed love to her fans and also spoke with the media for a while. Maybe an hour or so before she took to her adoring fans she answered some questions from the media in a small but cozy executive suite on the third floor of Macy's about the inner workings of "Gold," the sibling rivalry between herself and her sisters,  and the upcoming season of Keeping Up With The Kardashians. 
On the inner workings of "Gold," Kim said she wanted it to reflect her thoughts of summer  as well as herself.
To me, summer is sexy, beachy and glamorous with thoughts turning to romantic evenings, I wanted something powerful yet not too sweet. I got stressed out while developing the scent because I wanted it to be just perfect.”  I am very hands on with my fragrances, I really didn’t want a square bottle of any type. I am curvy and think my fragrance should represent me. So I picked a sleek round vessel in gold with ebony accents.” 
I thought she would shy away when I asked her if there was a sibling rivalry going on between herself and Khloe since "Gold" and "Unbreakable" are both on department store shelves but didn't and here's what she had to say:
"I'm just like, now you see it was really hard work and you get it. We all wanted to do a fragrance together and when that didn't happen that way I think there was a little bitterness you know? So I tried to explain to them that this is so much work to come up with a scent. It's not that you just say, here's a few flavors or smells that you like, it's really hard to describe what scent you want it to smell like. When you think gardenias are gonna smell one way, the pure extract of it smells nothing like what you think so you need to mix it with other things... it's just a lot of work. To see Khole go through that... and hers must so much more difficult cause for me I can go with what I like but her and Lamar had to both agree on it, and so she realized how hard it really was. I think she was like, I get it, i get it! I think we're over that completive phase, which is good."
Kim also talked about Keeping Up With the Kardashians and says that the show will be less about the older siblings and the audience will see more of Kendall and Kylie "coming into their own."



More pics of Kim at Aventura











  







No comments:

Post a Comment